With the help of our partners Queer Screen also runs a range of initiatives and programs to support filmmakers and the community.
• My Queer Career short film competition
• Filmmaker grants
• Training, forums, workshops, networking events and production resources (office space, equipment)
Our community initiatives celebrate diversity and inclusiveness and embrace everyone in the LGBTIQ community.
• Festivals and screenings throughout the year
• Youth and mature aged LGBTIQ community screenings & social events
• Rainbow Babies screenings for gay parents and their kids
• Trivia nights
• Panels and forums
• A fast growing volunteer program for community engagement including the Frank Wells Volunteer Award
Queer Screen also works with many charities and other community organisations to help with fundraising and awareness of their work.
Some of our charity partners include:
• Bobby Goldsmith Foundation
• Amnesty International
• Sydney Convicts