Queer Screen is a Sydney based not-for-profit arts and community organisation that produces Australia’s
oldest and most prestigious gay and lesbian film festival, Mardi Gras Film Festival.
Queer Screen’s year-round slate of events also includes Queer Screen Film Fest (September), world
premieres, exclusive screenings and special events.
Since 1974 Queer Screen’s primary focus has been on showcasing quality queer film and screen culture
from around the world and on promoting acceptance and inclusion within our community and beyond.
Queer Screen also provide gay and lesbian filmmakers with opportunities to create screen content through funding, use of facilities and filmmaking competitions.
Previous members and award winners have included director Robert Luketic (Legally Blonde, The
Ugly Truth) and Oscar Winner Adam Elliot (Harvey Krumpet, Mary & Max).
WHY PARTNER WITH QUEER SCREEN and MARDI GRAS FILM FESTIVAL
- Gain access to our LGBTI ‘pink dollar’ audiences for targeted promotional and advertising opportunities- (20,000 attendees will attend Queer Screen events in the next 12 months. MGFF – 14,000 MGFF including opening night & closing night ‘pink carpet’ galas / over 45,000 foot traffic at Event Cinemas George St over MGFF & QSFF festivals.)
- Be recognized as an inclusive brand that supports diversity and acceptance in the gay and lesbian community and beyond.
- Strengthen your brands reputation within our community by partnering with one of Australia’s only year-round LGBTI arts and community organisations
- Build better relationships with your customers outside of Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras.
- Support the arts by helping provide our filmmakers with resources and
opportunities to create and showcase their work.
- Volunteer opportunities for your staff.
- Networking opportunities for staff and customers.