22 Sep Upgrade Your At-Home Movie Snacks For #QSFF20
Feeling adventurous? Forget sourdough. Popcorn is the snack of all snacks for movie watching and while you might not be able to get that intensely buttery cinema popcorn, we’ve got some easy, delicious, and seriously impressive popcorn options for you to try out.
- Pop your popcorn in the microwave or stovetop according to the instructions and pour it into a ziplock bag.
- Add 1 tsp of oil and 1 cup of white chocolate chips to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for about a minute (or until melted), stopping every 20 seconds to stir.
- Pour the white chocolate into the ziplock bag with the popcorn and shake until it’s coated.
- Get 1 sleeve of Oreos and crush them.
- Add the crushed Oreos to the popcorn bag and shake again then pour the whole thing onto a platter or some baking paper so it’s in an even layer.
- Refrigerate or set it aside for 20 minutes so the chocolate can harden.
- Pick a film from the Queer Screen program, get comfy, and enjoy!
Sweet and Spicy Wasabi Popcorn
- In a small bowl, stir together 1 tsp granulated or brown sugar, 1 tsp wasabi powder, a teaspoon of salt, and a sprinkle of cayenne pepper (or more if you’re brave).
- Pop your popcorn in the microwave or stovetop according to the instructions.
- Put the popcorn into a large bowl or bag, add the spice mixture and shake well. Feel free to add 1-2 tablespoons of melted butter at this step too.
- If it’s not spicy enough, sprinkle some extra wasabi or chilli powder.
- Find something just as spicy from the Queer Screen program, get comfy, and enjoy!
If all of that sounds like too much work, keep things simple by adding any of these to your microwave popcorn- or make separate bowls of popcorn and try a few flavours!
- Brown sugar
- Sprinkles (and butter)
- Butter and sriracha
- Rosemary and parmesan
- Toasted coconut
- Roasted peanuts
- Caramel sauce or honey
YUMO!!! Why not have a different flavour for each film you watch?